Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

January 2013 Empties

Since I'm trying to go an entire year of not buying any makeup I decided to keep track of all the empty products throughout the year. Here are all the products that I (some with the help of my husband) finished in January. 
A mini review will follow each as well as rather 
I would repurchase them again or not.

Hair Products:
 I'm not very picky when it comes to my shampoos and conditioner. I normally buy them for under $1 or get them for free when I coupon. As long as they get my hair clean and moisturize my hair I'm happy.

Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly shampoo: Got my hair clean and I loved the smell. No complaints from my husband or me. I would repurchase this.

Pantene Nature Fusion conditioner: I LOVE this stuff. I hadn't used this line from Pantene before and I was very surprised when I started using it. It moisturized my hair without leaving it limp or heavy feeling. I will definitely repurchase this.


Body and Skincare Products:
Secret Deodorant in Va Va Vanilla: This is the only antiperspirant deo that I use. It does what it's supposed to do, smells good, and doesn't irritate my underarms after I shave. I will definitely repurchase.

 Bath and Body Works Shower Gel in Be Enchanted: This wasn't my favorite scent from B&BW. It was a bit too sweet for me, so I wouldn't repurchase.

St. Ives Green Tea Scrub: I really liked this face scrub. It was gritty enough so it didn't irritate my skin. I used it with Clarisonic Mia and the scrub would foam up which I enjoyed. I think this is a great drugstore face scrub option, especially for those with oily or acne prone skin.

Nivea Creme: I stock up on these .99 hand cream tins. The thick cream sinks into my skin quickly so it doesn't feel greasy. It smells faintly of roses and does a good job of moisturizing dry areas like elbows, knees, and palms. I am stocked up on these, so I won't be repurchasing them until I run out.

Lumene Sensitive Touch Cleansing Wipes (2): These makeup removing wipes did a good job of removing all my makeup, other than multiple layers of mascara which isn't a big deal to me. What I liked most was the fact that my skin didn't feel dried out after I used them like some wipes do. My only gripe? I had to store them upside down with a book over the packages so the wipes didn't dry out. I would repurchase them if I found them on sale.


Random Products:
Walgreens Isoproyl Alcohol 91%: After watching Lisasz09's video about cleaning makeup brushes with rubbing alcohol, I decided to give it a try. I use this cleaning method about once a week and deep clean my brushes once a month using baby shampoo. My brushes look good as new and haven't dried up any which was my main worry when I first started this. Below is the video if you want to learn how I clean them.


Makeup Products:
L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara: I tend to go back to this mascara over and over. The blackest of black formula gave my lashes volume, length, and thickness. I liked to layer it with the Extra Volume Collagen and Falsies Flared mascaras.

L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara: This was the first time I had used it and I must say I was impressed. I used to be a die hard Maybelline mascara fan, but I'm slowly going to L'Oreal's side of the tracks. This mascara did everything that the Voluminous did but tended to get a bit clumpy at times.

Maybelline Falsies Flared Mascara: The first few weeks I use this mascara I hate it. It definitely needs a few weeks to dry out before it lives up to its full potential. I will say that when combined with the other two mascaras I get a falsies look without the actual falsies.

I would repurchase all three mascaras. That might happen if I run out of the mascaras that are in my collection. Mascara is one thing I cannot live without.

MAC Viva Glam V lipstick: I finally finished up an entire lipstick! This pinky nude color was my go-to natural color on days when I didn't want a fussy lip color or had a colorful eye look going on. The best thing? 100% of the $15 goes to AIDS research. I will repurchase this once my makeup ban is over or when I have enough MAC products to Back 2 MAC.

Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment mini: I received this for Sephora's birthday gift last year. I know the full-size of this product is pricey at $22.50 but I would pay that. Not only was the subtle rose tint beautiful but my lips felt so smooth after using it. The best thing about it was that I didn't have to reapply it every hour like normal lip balms. Maybe I'll receive it as a gift for my birthday or a holiday (hint hint everyone).


No comments:

Post a Comment