Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

January 2013 Favorites



LypSol- I found this lipbalm at my local Walgreens. It reminds me a lot of Burt's Bees lipbalm but stays on my lips longer and moisturizes them more. It seems like actually sink into my lips, unlike some balms that just stay on the top layer. It also has a cute little bee on the side that moves the balm up and down in it's tube. How cute!

L'Oreal Infalliable Foundation- This medium-full coverage foundation has been a lifesaver for me this month. Depending on how much time I have I either apply it with my Real Techniques' buffing brush or with my fingers. Two thin layers of this foundation gives me enough coverage that I can go without concealer and lasts me most of the work day. I think it covers better than my beloved Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation and the price tag of $10ish is a lot better than that $43.

Covergirl + Olay Simple Ageless Blush in Rich Cinnamon- This cream blush doesn't have a lot of pigment to it and that's why I like it so much. It's very hard to over do it when applying this blush. The Olay moisturizer that is swirled within the blush provided extra moisture to my chapped cheeks this month. The Rich Cinnamon color provides a warm flush to my cheeks. Perfect for this nasty winter weather.

Essie Penny Talk- This rose gold metallic polish is one of my favorites. You do have to work with the formula a bit because too little can make it look streaky. Rose gold jewelry doesn't look flattering against my skin, but this polish does!

Essie Topless and Barefoot- My favorite nude polish. Normally Essie's nudes and lighter colors give me trouble, but this one is the perfect formulation and coverage.

Nivea Creme- The magical cream in the little, blue tin pots have been a lifesaver this month. I dab a bit on my hands and elbows every day. The thick creme sinks in quickly and doesn't leave me feeling greasy. I have also used a bit on my chapped nose to calm the redness and moistuize the chapped areas. Best thing about this stuff? A travel size costs .99.

Revlon Lipbutter in Berry Smoothie- This has been my go-to lip product for the month. My lips are pretty pigmented already, so I like to call this my "my-lips-but-better" shade. I can swipe it on without a mirror and it doesn't accentuate any chapped areas. I'm almost done with my tube of it and that makes me a little sad.

L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Fairest Nude- This is a fairly popular lipstick on YouTube and now I see why. I love the creamy formula and the pinky-nude color. It's much more natural that those "I just swiped concealer on my lips" shades. I've read that a lot of people don't like the smell of these lipsticks, but I do. It reminds me of my mom's makeup when I was young. I think this is a great shade to start with if you want to experiment with nude lips.

Maybelline 24 Color Tattoo shadows- I didn't wear much eye makeup in January, but if I did I was reaching for any of my Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadows. Most of my shades are neutrals, so I haven't been picky. Which color is your favorite?


What were your favorites for the month? Link your post below or comment. I would love to find out!


No comments:

Post a Comment