Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Real Technique Duo Fiber Collection- Limited Edition

I was browsing through Ulta the other day and stumbled across the new Real Technique's Duo Fiber collection that retails for $20.00 and is limited edition. I snatched them up and referred to them as an early birthday present :). This collection is perfect for me; I love all duo fiber brushes and Real Technique brushes.

The kit comes with three brushes: a face brush, contour brush, and eye brush.

\


realtechniques.com says this about the collection- 
Create buildable color and add texture to look pixel perfect for any occasion and in any light with this first and only duo-fiber set:
  • includes 3 limited edition brushes:
    • duo-fiber face brush: for lightweight application
    • duo-fiber contour brush: for controlled contouring and sculpting
    • duo-fiber eye brush: for finishing touches to the eye
  • a true multi-tasker – duo-fiber bristles work with cream, liquid or powder for an unbelievably air-brushed finish
  • ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free
  • extended aluminum handles are light and easy to use




I love duo fiber brushes because they are perfect for applying cream products and super pigmented colors to the face. After playing around with them, (that's why the brushes are dirty in my pictures...I'm just keeping it real) I realized the face and contour brushes were potential best friends for my Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base. Both brushes picked up the perfect amount of cream and when applied to my face, left a natural bronze tint that wasn't streaky.

I like using the larger face brush to apply the bronzer on my face using the E3 method and the contour brush for actual contouring. The face brush can also be used to apply pigmented blushes, like Tarte's Flushed, or cream blushes. The contour brush is also great to apply highlighters like theBalm's Mary Luminizer. 

Face brush (left) and contour brush (right)
The eye brush could be used as a crease brush or concealer brush. It reminds me of a MAC brush I got from a holiday kit a few years back but ended up chucking because dye kept bleeding into the bristles every time I washed it.

If you are a duo fiber junky like me or want to grab a few good brushes to use for cream or crazy pigmented cosmetic products, I would definitely recommend this kit. You can find the kit at your local Ulta or on the Real Techniques website for a limited time.




L-R MAC Cremeblend Blush in Something Special, Chanel bronzer, Tarte Flushed



12 comments:

  1. these look amazing! thanks for sharing :)

    Check out my beauty blog:
    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great deal! I'm going to have to check these out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing! I have been using them every day.

      Delete
  3. I just love the MAC collection.

    Want to have a look at my blog? http://mels-corner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Isn't it fabulous? I love everything duo fiber!

      Delete
  5. I absolutely LOVE real techniques brushes



    XX

    http://anacelinelabod.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does it come with a case?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not like the regular collections. They come in the foam black piece like in the picture with plastic case over it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish they included the same travel case that doubles as a stand. Anyways, thanks for this review as well as answering my question.

    ReplyDelete