- Venting- My best friend and I have started emailing every day to either vent, send funny cat pictures, or tell funny work stories. I realized that venting, even if it seems dumb, is pretty helpful. It also helps to put things in perspective. For example, I was telling her about how I went a little overboard on a work assignment and felt stupid. She then responded that at least my boss knows I can do it. I never thought of it that way. I also met with one of my favorite sorority sisters for Mexican and margs (which I couldn't even drink but more of that in darts) and had a good long talk about our lives and where we want them to be in the future. It made me realize that I have to stop sitting around and I need to do something about all my dreams! 2013 is going to be a year of lots of changes.
- Nivea Creme- Ever notice those cute little blue tins of Nivea creme in the skincare section? Pick one up! The thick creme is so moisturizing and dries in minutes, so you don't have to worry about greasy hands. Plus, for .99 a tin it isn't hurting your wallet. I put some on every morning at work and on any dry spots like my elbows.
- Justified- Have you ever watched Justified? It's on its third season on AMC. It's about a US Marshal, named Raylan Givens, and his rough time trying to keep the peace in Lexington and Harlan, Kentucky. I love it for a few reasons. 1. Raylan is a good looking, sweet talking law man. 2. Lots of actions, guns, occasional blood, and intricate plots. 3. Easy to keep up with.
- Losing my mind- I have been really good lately about keeping track of my debit card, wedding rings, and tennis shoes. I was misplacing these things a few times a month. Well, my good luck ended when I forgot my purse (with all my cards and ID) at work this week. Who does that?! I didn't realize I left it or lost it until I went to eat with my sorority sister. I was set on 2 for 1 margaritas but that didn't happen. Thankfully my coworker texted me the next morning to tell me it was there.
- Forks weather- It has rained every day this week. I feel like I'm in a Twilight movie. All rain. No sun. I need this Bella Swan depression to go away.
- Discussion board emotions- Two of my grad classes are hybrid classes so we have lots of online discussions. Just like emails and texts, it's hard to figure out how someone is coming across in a discussion board. Are they mocking your statement? Challenging you? Happily agreeing? Is this how online dating feels?!?
I decided to add a quick section to these weekly posts. I tend to wake up so late that I have to do my makeup in my office as soon as I get to work. Here are the products I've kept in my work makeup bag all week long:
- theBalm Time Balm Primer- I'm almost through with this. I love using up products.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup- This foundation is very thin, almost like a gel, but it covers and stays all day long.
- MAC MSFN- My favorite powder.
- Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Roller- This is the gift that keeps on giving. I don't know when this thing is going to run out, but I really like how cool the roller ball feels.
- Revlon Brow Fantasy- I don't use the pencil part, but I love how natural the tinted gel looks.
- Revlon Lash Fantasy- My go-to mascara.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo shadow in Bad to the Bronze- I've hit pan on this shadow. Woo-hoo! I don't wear shadow every day at work, but if I do I layer this up on the lid, put a bit in the crease, and smudge it on my lower lash line, too.
- Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie- I'm almost completely done with this. I will be sad when it goes though because it's a very natural color and moisturizes my lips in this crazy winter weather.
What were your hearts and darts for the week? Have a good one!